The Ports of Auckland says fewer workers than expected turned out to accept an offer of a week's pay while issues around any return to work are decided in the Employment Court.
The port company says 195 Maritime Union members went to the port on Thursday afternoon to collect their first pay in five weeks.
The pay offer, made earlier this week, was extended to union staff who would have worked guaranteed shifts from 3pm last Thursday to 3pm this Friday.
The offer did not apply to casual staff who are union members.
Meanwhile, the Ports of Auckland and Maritime Union will return to the Employment Court on Friday for a hearing on whether union members can return to work.
A decision is also expected on the union's challenge to the port's lockout notice which takes effect on April 6.