Fiscal figures year to June 30, 2013:
* Revenue: $58.2 billion
* Expenditure: $73.7 billion
* Forecast deficit: $7.9b in 2013, down from peak of $18.4b in 2011, and forecast $8.4b in 2012
* Return to surplus: 2014/15, $197 million
* Budget reprioritises $4.4b of existing spending over four years.
* Rule changes for holiday homes bring in $109m over four years
* Rule changes for livestock valuation bring in $184m over four years
* Increase in tobacco excise by 10 per cent on January 1 in next four years brings in $528m.
* Price of a packet of cigarettes to rise to more than $20 by 2016.
Economic forecasts year to March:
* Inflation of 2.6 per cent in 2012/13, little changed for rest of forecast period
* Unemployment rate of 5.7 per cent in 2012/13, falls to 4.7 per cent in 2016
* GDP to increase 2.6 per cent in 2012/13, peaks at 3.4 per cent in 2014.