A fire in an outdoor barbecue area at a venue set up in London for Kiwis to cheer on their Olympians has forced the evacuation of 300 people.
READ: Full Olympic coverage
Two gas bottles exploded at the rear of Kiwi House, in King's Cross, which has played host to New Zealand's Olympic medallists at the London Games.
The London Fire Brigade said it had put out the fire which forced 300 people to flee the venue.
It said no one was injured in the blaze which was started about 7.20pm.
Brook Johnstone, 55, from Port Waikato, said: "I looked around and the gas bottle had a little flame around it.
"The cook was trying to put it out and the flame just got bigger so I just said 'Let's get out of here'.
"We got inside and everyone was evacuated."
Mr Johnstone said the canister exploded with such force that it blew the roof off the barbecue area.
Leeds University student Sonia Holland said: "I literally just got my food and there was a big kerfuffle around the barbecue area.
"Then everyone was pushed inside but then people were telling us to get out of the building.
"They got everyone out of the building as fast as they could. I was out within two minutes," the 19-year-old from Napier said.
Kiwi House tweeted that the fire will force the venue to close its doors.
"We've had a rather large fire engulf the outdoor bbq area. Everyone is ok. We're closed till further notice," it said.
Pictures posted on Twitter showed flames up to a storey high and thick smoke.
Olympic medal winners including rowers Eric Murray, Hamish Bond and Mahe Drysdale as well as Valerie Adams had visited the temporary bar during the Games.