A Christchurch teenager involved in a hit-and-run in which a young man was killed and another injured has pleaded guilty to three charges relating to the crash.
Sean Hutt, 20, and Kyle Thomson, 17, had been waiting for friends on a road in the suburb of Hornby on September 15 when they were hit by a car driven by 18-year-old Harry Silcock.
Mr Hutt was thrown about 30 metres and died instantly while Mr Thomson suffered a broken ankle.
Silcock, who was charged with failing to stop and render assistance and dangerous driving causing death and injury, pleaded guilty to the charges at Christchurch District Court on Tuesday morning, Christchurch Court News reports.
Silcock told the court he wants to face the families of his two victims at a restorative justice conference before he is sentenced on December 7.
Police persecutor Sergeant Anna Lloyd told the court Silcock's car was overtaking another car and was travelling at about 92km/h in a 100km/h zone when he struck Mr Hutt and Mr Thomson.
The pair were part of a group that had been standing on the road about half a metre from the footpath.
Silcock left the scene but handed himself into police the following day.
Judge Jane Farish called for a pre-sentence report to determine Silcock's suitability for home and community detention.