A British couple's anniversary celebrations turned into their worst nightmare when a waiter's attempt at cooking fish at their restaurant table went horribly wrong.
Tony and Kirsty Barr were at the Turkish resort of Marmaris with their three children, celebrating their sixth wedding anniversary.
A waiter came to their table at the La Luna restaurant with a huge fish.
He poured alcohol on the dish from a squeezable bottle to create a flame across the fish.
But his attempt to flambé the fish ended in disaster when the bottle of alcohol he was holding exploded in their faces, the Daily Mail reported.
Mr and Mrs Barr suffered second-degree burns to the head, arms, neck and chest in the accident.
Mr Barr threw himself out of a 6m-high window to try and stop the flames from spreading to others.
"It was unbelievably horrible as I had to jump from the restaurant balcony to stop flames spreading to my loved ones and my skin was hanging off," Mr Barr said.
"My wife Kirsty's body was covered in fire but thankfully waiters and other people helped her before an ambulance got us to hospital."
The couple's two-year-old daughter Rose suffered burns to her thighs when her pram caught fire.
It could have been much worse if her 15-year-old sister Jessica, whose arms and legs were on fire, had not grabbed her and doused her with water from the restaurant's sink.
Mr Barr's 15-year-old daughter Amy managed to escape unharmed because she dived for cover as the bottle exploded.
The family had to stay in Turkey for nearly five weeks until Mr Barr was able to fly.
Mr Barr said the family had no plans to travel overseas again.
"We are still trying to get over it," he said.
"We are not quite the same as we were before we left."
The couple is considering legal action.